Friday, November 26, 2010

My lovely team Cucumber:X

Around 3 months being a member of UCHANU and having chance to work in a group with nice+kute+funny cucumber members, I have learnt a lot of great lessons.
In terms of group work, it seems not easy at all to make a project in my major class with members who are Vietnames friends of the same age. And it even turns out to be more challenging when you work with people from different culture, different perspectives and different languages. However, team cucumber has been able to function well thanks to the great dedication of all members. And the lesson that I think the most important factor contributing to group efficiency is how we together can maintain high team spirit and cohesion. Each of us has our own schedule with parttime job, service class, major class and so many other stuffs in our time table. And too busy with these stuffs sometimes make us forget about group progress. Hence, we've decided to set up a specific day for group meeting and then meet regularly each week to discuss about what has and has not been done. This is not just for project reason, as it seems to be a straint that links all members together through food, drink and so many other interesting sharing +chitchat.
Second lesson I can learn is about time-management and self-adjustment. Planning time for making interviews to us is not easy as some are busy at beginning of the week but the others just free at weekend. And the problem is that all members would like to come to the interview to have chance understand more about another job in Vietnamese society. And in order to find out the best option, there were many times I need to change my own working and personal shedule to match with the others. That's a necessary part of group work.
Additionally, group work also teaches me a lot of communication skill. Somtimes we've to debate about how to conduct the interview most effectively and also make real comments about each other contribution and quality of others' products. That definitely helps me improve my communication skill in English.
I myself have tried a lot to be a responsible member and devote effort to cucumber group. Frequently update and respond to group suggestions and request through email, mobile and othet channels, I always want to contribute as much as I can to group success through finding contacts and persuading people to help us conduct the interview in a most comfortable way. However, recently several misfortunes have made me lack of time to attend group meetings to enjoy wonderful moments with cucumber kids. Yet, my enthusiasm to cucumber has never reduced.
Cucumber Kids: Son, Lena, Van, Miki and Lan (from left to right)




















No comments:

Post a Comment